In this sectionBFA Programme Applying to Study for a BFA BFA FAQ Submitting a Portfolio BFA Affiliated Colleges Undergraduate Open Days
Undergraduate Open Days
The Ruskin is participating in the University's final 2022 Open Day on Friday, 16 September. Prospective applicants are invited to attend the in-person events at the Ruskin, and, for those unable to travel to Oxford, we will also offer an online BFA talk and Q&A session in the morning, as well as an in-person event in the afternoon. Thank you to those who attended the Open Days earlier in the summer - we hope you found your visit exciting and informative.
Student Degree Show installation / Anna Leader
Mixing paint / Anna Leader
Student Sculptural Installation / Anna Leader
Undergraduate Open Days Information
The Open Days offer prospective candidates the opportunity to see the Ruskin's facilities, hear about the BFA programme from tutors and current students, and understand more about the admissions process. Alongside your attendance at the Ruskin events, you will be able to visit some of the colleges which offer places in Fine Art, and other University Open Day events.
Friday 16 September - in-person programme
10am - 1pm: Ruskin School of Art, 74 High Street, Oxford OX1 4BG
- The School's city-centre site (studios, seminar room, Library and offices) will be open to visitors for self-guided tours. Tutors, current students and BFA admin and admissions staff will be available.
- We suggest that prospective candidates use the morning to combine their visit to this Ruskin building with visits to nearby colleges offering Fine Art places (see BFA-affiliated colleges on the RSA website).
- Booking not required
2 - 5pm: Ruskin School of Art, 128 Bullingdon Road, Oxford OX4 1QP
- The Ruskin's purpose-built site in East Oxford (studios, print studio, sculpture workshops, media lab & edit suites, and Project Space) will be open to visitors, with tours of the facilities before and after the BFA talk.
- 3 - 4.30pm: Project Space, Bullingdon Road - talk and Q&A session with tutors, current students and BFA admin and admissions staff. The talk will provide information the BFA course content, teaching and resources at the Ruskin and information about the admissions process.
- The Ruskin Open Day events are always over-subscribed, so we regret that only potential candidates can attend the in-person talks and tours, and we are not able to accommodate accompanying family, carers and friends (except by special arrangement - see below). We thank you for your consideration and understanding that our priority is to include all prospective students who may be applying in October.
- BOOKING RECOMMENDED: we will try and admit all prospective candidates on the day, but if you make a booking, we can reserve you a place, and send you some advance information shortly before the Open Day.
- Booking now open on the Oxford University Online Store (Product Catalogue - The Ruskin School of Art): www.oxforduniversitystores.co.uk/product-catalogue/the-ruskin-school-of-art/ruskin-events/open-days/ruskin-undergraduate-open-days-2022
Further information about attending in-person available in the section further down this page.
[Please Note: It is not possible to review any portfolios during an Open Day or any other visit to the Ruskin.]
Friday 16 September - online programme
In addition to the above in-person events at the Ruskin, we will be offering an online event for those unable to travel in person to Oxford.
- 11am - 12.30pm: online talk and Q&A session with tutors, current students and BFA admin and admissions staff. The talk will provide information the BFA course content, teaching and resources at the Ruskin and information about the admissions process, and participants will be able to put questions to the panel.
- Details of the online event and how to join will be published on the Ruskin website in due course but you can register your interest and we will send you further details once they are confirmed.
- Please register at the Oxford University Online Stores here: www.oxforduniversitystores.co.uk/product-catalogue/the-ruskin-school-of-art/ruskin-events/open-days/ruskin-undergraduate-open-days-2022-online-bfa-talk-16-sept-registration
Further information on attending the Open Days in-person
Candidates travelling from over 70 miles away to attend an Open Day in person may be able to book accommodation in an Oxford college; please see this page for details of those colleges which offer Fine Art - you can contact the individual colleges for details. Further information and registration for the wider University event will become available in due course on Oxford's Admissions pages.
Please be aware that the Open Days take place outside term-time, so there will be no student activity in the studios and workshops. Prospective candidates may want to visit the Ruskin 2022 Degree Show website to see recent work by graduating students.
Please note that there is very limited disabled access at the Ruskin's High Street premises, with an accessible entrance and lift between the ground floor and basement, but only stairs up to the first floor, where the talk takes place in the Drawing Studio. The Bullingdon Road studios are fully accessible.
If you have special requirements, or need to be accompanied by a parent or carer, please contact the Ruskin office on email@example.com or phone 01865-276940 in advance of your visit.
Open Days 2023
The University of Oxford has not yet confirmed the dates of the 2023 Open Days. Please check for updates on this page and at www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/open-days-and-visits.
Prospective Applicants may want to visit the 2023 Ruskin Degree Shows, which will be held at our Bullingdon Road studios over the weekend of Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 June - further details will be published on the website in due course, but in the meantime, you can view details of the 2022 Degree Shows here: www.ruskindegreeshows.com/
Travelling to Oxford + Parking
Travel directions to the Ruskin are available here
On the Open Days themselves, the University will publish a webpage with travel advice, updates on parking and bus timetables.
There is no parking available at the Ruskin, and limited local parking. Street parking in the city is largely for 2 hours only. Please refer to the Oxford City Council's website for information on car parks and the city's park and ride service that can each provide longer parking options.
For any further enquiries, please contact the Ruskin office on 01865 276940. Alternatively, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org