In this sectionBFA Programme Applying to Study for a BFA BFA FAQ Submitting a Portfolio BFA Affiliated Colleges Undergraduate Open Days
Undergraduate Open Days
The Ruskin is participating in the University's 2023 Open Days on Wednesday 28 and Thursday 29 June and Friday, 15 September, and prospective applicants are invited to attend the in-person events at the Ruskin. For those unable to travel to Oxford, we will also offer, during the morning of the September Open Day, an online BFA talk and Q&A session.
Student Degree Show installation / Anna Leader
Mixing paint / Anna Leader
Student Sculptural Installation / Anna Leader
Open Days 2023
Our 2023 Open Days will be held on Wednesday 28 & Thursday 29 June, and Friday 15 September.
Undergraduate Open Days Information
The Open Days offer prospective candidates the opportunity to see the Ruskin's facilities, hear about the BFA programme from tutors and current students, and understand more about the admissions process. Alongside your attendance at the Ruskin events, you will be able to visit some of the colleges which offer places in Fine Art, and attend other University Open Day events.
The Ruskin Open Day events are always over-subscribed, so we regret that only potential candidates can attend the in-person talks, and we are not able to accommodate accompanying family, carers and friends (except by special arrangement - see below). We thank you for your consideration and understanding that our priority is to include all prospective students who may be applying in October for entry in 2024.
In addition to the in-person events at the Ruskin, we will be offering an online event on the morning of Friday 15 September, for those unable to travel in person to Oxford.
- We have limited capacity for the BFA talk - we try and admit all prospective candidates on the day, but to guarantee entry, we recommed you book a place, and then we can also send you some advance information shortly before the Open Day.
- Booking will open on 9 May 2023 (09:00am), at the University Stores: https://www.oxforduniversitystores.co.uk/product-catalogue/the-ruskin-school-of-art/ruskin-events/open-days
You may also find it useful to visit the University's main Open Days page in order to plan your visit: you can also register there for updates about visiting and applying to Oxford: www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/open-days-and-visits.
The below is a provisional timetable of an in-person Open Day
10am - 1pm: Ruskin School of Art, 74 High Street, Oxford OX1 4BG
- The School's city-centre site (studios, seminar room, Library and offices) will be open to visitors for self-guided tours. Tutors, current students and BFA admin and admissions staff will be available.
- We suggest that prospective candidates use the morning to combine their visit to this Ruskin building with visits to nearby colleges offering Fine Art places (see BFA-affiliated colleges on the RSA website).
- Booking not required
2 - 5pm: Ruskin School of Art, 128 Bullingdon Road, Oxford OX4 1QP
- The Ruskin's purpose-built site in East Oxford (studios, print studio, sculpture workshops, media lab & edit suites, and Project Space) will be open to visitors, with tours of the facilities before and after the BFA talk.
- 3 - 4.30pm: Project Space, Bullingdon Road - talk and Q&A session with tutors, current students and BFA admin and admissions staff. The talk will provide information the BFA course content, teaching and resources at the Ruskin and information about the admissions process.
- Prospective candidates only - BOOKING RECOMMENDED
[Please Note: It is not possible to review any portfolios during an Open Day or any other visit to the Ruskin.]
Further information on attending the Open Days in-person
Candidates travelling from over 70 miles away to attend an Open Day in person may be able to book accommodation in an Oxford college; please see this page for details. Further information and registration for the wider University event will become available in due course on Oxford's Admissions pages.
ACCESS: Please note that there is very limited disabled access at the Ruskin's High Street premises, with an accessible entrance and lift between the ground floor and basement, but only stairs up to the studios on the upper floors. The Bullingdon Road site is fully accessible.
If you have special requirements, or need to be accompanied by a parent or carer, please contact the Ruskin office on email@example.com or phone 01865-276940 in advance of your visit.
Please be aware that the Open Days take place outside term-time, so there will be no student activity in the studios and workshops. Prospective applicants may want to visit the 2023 Ruskin Degree Shows, which will be held at our Bullingdon Road studios over the weekend of Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 June - further details will be published on the website in due course, but in the meantime, you can view details of the 2022 Degree Shows here: www.ruskindegreeshows.com/
Travelling to Oxford + Parking
Travel directions to the Ruskin are available here
On the Open Days themselves, the University will publish a webpage with travel advice, updates on parking and bus timetables.
There is no parking available at the Ruskin, and limited local parking. Street parking in the city is largely for 2 hours only. Please refer to the Oxford City Council's website for information on car parks and the city's park and ride service that can each provide longer parking options.
For any further enquiries, please contact the Ruskin office on 01865 276940. Alternatively, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org